Ah, McDonald's Sweet Chili dipping sauce. The sauce that started my chicken nugget cravings that lasted for at least 6 months. I tried store bought sweet chili sauce and it is just not the same. The bottled sauce is most likely missing the secret McDonald's ingredient....CRACK!

Peanut Butter Twix. But, it is still out there, you say. NAY! The popular "regular" Twix with caramel is in every grocery check-out lane and if you look hard, you will find Twix PB but not Peanut Butter Twix. What is the difference? the cookie! Twix PB has a chocolate cookie while the original peanut butter kind has a vanilla cookie. The devil is in the details...oh, and the cookies.
If you have ever been in my bedroom, you know that I have about 40 different bottles of scented lotion but never wear any of them - because I am still bitter. Bath and Body Works and The Body Shop robbed me of my most favoritest scented lotion - Lilac. In college, I even took a job at Bath and Body Works to get a discount on my fav stuff. (no, really)
On to the kitchen debacle.... my choice of dishes has changed 3 times all due to lines being discontinued. First, below is Pfaltzgraff Mountain Shadow. I got this set in college just as I started putting a real life together. There was/is an outlet store in Syracuse so I got a real bargain on a whole bunch of pieces. As piece after piece started breaking, I discovered that I could not replace them because the damned pattern was no longer available. This should probably be at the top of the post since it started the whole thing.
Then, I fell in LOVE LOVE LOVE with this pattern. I scored, majorly, at Macy's in Atlanta with coupons and credit vouchers and sales. I replaced the entire Mountain Shadow with this set. I think I spend about $145 on $600 worth of dishes. Awesome, huh. Well, not for long....
And now, to add insult to injury...my wedding china has been discontinued. I picked something simple and pretty because I figured that it would be timeless and classic. Of course, as newlyweds, we did not have the cash to purchase the outstanding pieces for the set and now we can't if we wanted to. Honestly, I am not really sure why on earth I registered for china to begin with. But, I guess I did because that is just what you do when you get married. In the 9 years we have been married, I think it has been used 3 times. On top of that as an only daughter, I will be probably be inheriting my mother's china.
And this......oh, this...... the reason for this post..... Sierra Mist Ruby Splash has been discontinued. My favorite summer drink..... Gin and S.M. Ruby Splash.

Peanut Butter Twix. But, it is still out there, you say. NAY! The popular "regular" Twix with caramel is in every grocery check-out lane and if you look hard, you will find Twix PB but not Peanut Butter Twix. What is the difference? the cookie! Twix PB has a chocolate cookie while the original peanut butter kind has a vanilla cookie. The devil is in the details...oh, and the cookies.
On to the kitchen debacle.... my choice of dishes has changed 3 times all due to lines being discontinued. First, below is Pfaltzgraff Mountain Shadow. I got this set in college just as I started putting a real life together. There was/is an outlet store in Syracuse so I got a real bargain on a whole bunch of pieces. As piece after piece started breaking, I discovered that I could not replace them because the damned pattern was no longer available. This should probably be at the top of the post since it started the whole thing.
Then, I fell in LOVE LOVE LOVE with this pattern. I scored, majorly, at Macy's in Atlanta with coupons and credit vouchers and sales. I replaced the entire Mountain Shadow with this set. I think I spend about $145 on $600 worth of dishes. Awesome, huh. Well, not for long....When John and I moved from Atlanta to Huntsville in 2005, our moving truck got into an accident. (and not just a fender bender - the truck flipped over, landed on a car-killing the passengers, AND caught on fire - no shit). The whole moving story is another post unto itself - maybe later. Anyway, one of the many boxes of items that was destroyed contained every single bowl we owned! I tried to order matching replacements only to find that...yup...retired pattern. COME ON!
And now, to add insult to injury...my wedding china has been discontinued. I picked something simple and pretty because I figured that it would be timeless and classic. Of course, as newlyweds, we did not have the cash to purchase the outstanding pieces for the set and now we can't if we wanted to. Honestly, I am not really sure why on earth I registered for china to begin with. But, I guess I did because that is just what you do when you get married. In the 9 years we have been married, I think it has been used 3 times. On top of that as an only daughter, I will be probably be inheriting my mother's china.
And this......oh, this...... the reason for this post..... Sierra Mist Ruby Splash has been discontinued. My favorite summer drink..... Gin and S.M. Ruby Splash. I have tried using regular S.M. with a splash of grapefruit juice but it is just not the same....
And yes....very bitter (the grapefruit juice AND me!)
No comments:
Post a Comment