Why Epimetheus and Pandora?

While discussing of the name of this blog...

Colleen: Well, since you already have the Greek reference, we could name it "Epimetheus and Pandora". They were husband and wife, right?
John: Are you sure you want to be Pandora?
Colleen: I think it may be sort of fitting. I know that I tend to do, um, things.
John: I think Pandora killed Epimetheus.
Colleen: So, like I said, sort of fitting.




Saturday, February 25, 2012

Setting the record straight

In the previous blog posting on the Definition of a Geologist, I need to set the record straight concerning fulfilling "my hammer".

During this time, upcoming geologists earn their "wings" (or more appropriately, their "hammer") by fulfilling one or more of the following electives:
a) Date a fellow geologist (Yes! x 2)
b) Sleep with a fellow geologist Um, yes
c) Have an affair with a geologist
d) Have an affair with a student geologist
e) Marry a fellow geologist
f) Marry a current or former student geologist - Yes!
g) Date/Marry or have an affair with a driller
h)Date/ Marry or have affair with field hand/ offsider
i) Marry a purveyor of alcohol Yes, I married a person putting herself through school as a bartender!

Thanks you for letting me get this off my chest!

No comments: