I have been thinking of starting a blog for a while now. I was really close when I was laid off in January to start posting the updates of the job search. Colleenie and I were really lucky that I had a job within 3 weeks after being thrown out of the monolith.
So, here is my blog. I am going to post things that I am interested in and Colleenie doesn't want to hear about. I don't know exactly what I am going to post or if I going to lose interest in 2 weeks.
So why Epimetheus? I am currently reading Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand so the initial title for the blog was going to be Epimetheus Shrugged. Epimetheus was a Greek God whose name means hind-sight and was described as foolish. He was also the brother of Prometheus ("foresight", literally "fore-thought"), a pair of Titans who "acted as representatives of mankind." Epimetheus was responsible for giving a positive trait to every animal, but when it was time to give man a positive trait, lacking foresight he found that there was nothing left. Prometheus decided that mankind's attributes would be the civilizing arts and fire, which he stole from the gods. Prometheus later stood trial for his crime.
I am obsessed with my job of being a geologist. Once I start working on a job, I want to figure everything out. I love going through old data and squeezing everything out of it. In the mean time, I lose the track time and the world around me. I am getting better but I still get a phone call from Colleen at the end of most days because I didn't realize that it is 5 o'clock.
So, here my attempt at being a blogger........
No comments:
Post a Comment